i A Time and a Place...: A Mans' Home Is His Castle?...It Depends...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Mans' Home Is His Castle?...It Depends...


I was sitting here admiring my blog showing the Bluebonnets of Texas when Chico the Wonder Dog walked by.

He looked at me, "Whatta you think you're doing?" (He has to 'look at' me because dogs can't talk)
I looked at him, "Looking at these Texas Bluebonnets."
With a snarl, he looked at me, "You're not in Texas anymore. How about something for California?"..and he was gone.

Well, why fight it. He has a point so I am posting a couple of photos of the California State Flower, the Golden Poppy. I'm glad Chico the Wonder Dog reminded me.

I hope the person who actually took these beautiful pictures won't mind me posting them. They are just one more reminder of the wonder and beauty of Gods' creations.

Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ca... said...

Sometimes grandpas do, too! 'chuckle'

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

...and dandelion greens with hot bacon dressing is delicious; made with bacon, a little oil, some vinegar and (maybe) an egg, a little sugar, all heated up!! So says the worlds' best cook, mi espousa, La Senorita Donna!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

I could write all day about different people I knew as a child. Mr and Mrs Farmer (Johnny Farmer) were two. they were midgets who owned a neighborhood grocery store on Monterey St in Little Okie, about three blocks from my house on South Conejo Avenue. When anyone saw them for the first time, they would have their stare then Johnny or his wife would smile and ask if they could help them; from then on Johnny and Mrs Farmer were just like normal people to the new customer.

It's funny, everyone always called him by his first name, Johnny, but always addressed his wife as Mrs Farmer. Go figure.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home