i A Time and a Place...: The Price of Sweltering...

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Price of Sweltering...

I paid the bill for last months' space rent and utilities and found it was a hundred and fifty bucks higher this month than last because of the price of keeping our home cool enough to bear due to the extreme heat.

I ranted once and raved once, temporarily not remembering how great it felt to Mi Espousa (my wife- a little Mex lingo there) and me to be 78 degrees inside our house instead of 113 degrees outside our house, thanks to our out-dated air conditioner that cools wonderfully but is very energy inefficient. (It's a 6 rated compared to the modern 18 or more rated)

I ranted and raved only once because Chico the Wonder Dog brought me to my senses quickly.(He's so smart!)

He looked at me, (he has to 'look at me' because, as we all know, dogs can't talk) "Why are you ranting and raving?"

I answered it was because I had to pay a hundred and fifty bucks more this month for electricity because of the extremely hot weather!

He looked at me, "And just what other plans did you have for that hundred and fifty bucks?"

...uuuumm...OK. He got me there!

"Out of the mouths of dogs..etc..."

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home