i A Time and a Place...: 'From the Mouths of Dogs'...

Monday, October 24, 2005

'From the Mouths of Dogs'...

Chico the Wonder Dog came over to where I was sitting and scratched my leg then walked to the sliding door. It meant he needed to go outside so, naturally, I got up and opened the door for him.

He went outside and immediately began barking and running toward the rear of the house where his lawn is. I stuck my head outside to see what he was barking about just in time so see a large yellow cat run from the yard. Chico the Wonder Dog ran after him until he reached the edge of our property then he stopped. He knew he was not allowed to cross his property line, even to chase a cat.

By then I was outside on the porch and he came up to me and looked at me, "I think he left a suspicious looking package on my lawn." (Chico has to "look at" me because dogs can't talk)
I walked back to the lawn and, sure enough, there was a 'package' on the lawn. I got the shovel and a baggie and cleaned it up before it had a chance to explode or do whatever cat packages do.

Chico the Wonder Dog walked over to the place where the 'package' had been and, after I left, washed down the offending spot.

I went back to the porch and waited for him so I could close the door after he went into the house.

He finally came up onto the porch and walked over to where I was waiting. I looked at him, "I guess we won't have to worry about that cat anymore or any of his friends after he tells them about you chasing him off the place!"

Chico the Wonder Dog eyed me with a look of disdain. "I can't believe you said that," he looked at me. "You should know by now that as long as there are cats alive they will always be a threat. They will never stop sneaking around, leaving terrorist packages on our lawns! When will you people learn that as long as there are cats alive, this danger will exist! That's what cats do; that's what cats are for! There are no 'good' cats. Only a few that put on an act for gullible people like you!"

With a crimson face, I walked back into the house with my tail between my legs. Of course, he was right. How could I have forgotten? If you want to know the real story about cats, ask a dog; they're the ones who know the truth! I'll never make that mistake again!

How about you?

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Is this another parody?

Oh I get it, cats are like terriosts and we should be as smart as CHICO the WONDER DOG. We should always expect cats to do their cat thing and hope our wacthdogs don't get complacent.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Right on! You ain't no Chico the Wonder Dog but you're accurate!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home