i A Time and a Place...: 'Whew'...I'll Never Go There Again...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

'Whew'...I'll Never Go There Again...


It occurred to me that I have never seen the inside of the bed of Chico the Wonder Dog and I got curious as to just what it looked like.I have always known I wasn't allowed there because it is his sanctuary.

He goes there (or just appears there, as if by magic_you know, 'beam me up') whenever he needs to be a place other than where he is at the time.

I don't know exactly when I became aware I was not allowed to be there or even see inside; it just happened, gradually, I suppose, or maybe all at once but subtly, so's I didn't notice.

Anyhow, I decided to take a look so I looked at Chico the Wonder Dog, "Wanna go outside?" (I have to 'look at' him because dogs can't talk)
Hesitantly, he looked at me, "I guess maybe I do. I'll try. I won't know until I get out there." Then he left the room through the sliding glass doors.

As soon as he got to the foot of the stairs leading down from the porch, I crept into the bedroom and reached for the edge of the virgin sheeps' wool blanket that covers the front of his bed.

Then, as if by some supernatural weird, quirky inside weather phenomenon, a flash of light, almost lightning, blinded me for an instant and I jerked my hand back and saw an apparition in front of my eyes! It was horrible! I thought I saw smoke and a bit of a flame come from it's mouth! It's eyes seemed to look right through me! It scared the crap out of me! I was mesmerized and couldn't move for a second.

Then it began to clear up and, unbeknownst to me, Donna (she'd been standing right behind me all this time with her camera) snapped a picture of the apparition. It had almost completely changed back to it's actual form when she took the picture. Even at that it was still spookier than hell!

I quickly withdrew my shaking hand and retreated from that fateful area.

Chico the Wonder Dog didn't look any comment at me but I think he understands that I'll never try that again! 'whew'

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home