i A Time and a Place...: Chico the Wonder Dog...What a Guy...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Chico the Wonder Dog...What a Guy...


Chico the Wonder Dog never ceases to amaze me! I was up quite early this morning (0400), just roaming around the house, trying to decide whether or not to turn the percolater on yet and have a cup of freshly brewed Folgers Coffee, when I heard the sound of Chico the Wonder Dogs' ears flopping back and forth. (He does that to announce his presence, kinda like a rattlesnakes' warning)

I looked down into the dim light of the one small bulb early morning lamp I use and, sure enough, there was Chico the Wonder Dog.

I looked at him, "What are you doing up so early?" (I have to 'look' at him about things because, as we all know, dogs can't talk)

He looked back at me, "I have to go outside and I mean, in a hurry!"

I looked at him, "Are you sure you really need to go that badly? It's 31 degrees out there now!"

He looked a retort at me, "Yes and you'd better hurry or what happens here will be on you, literally!"

I said OK and opened the sliding glass door. A small gust of air blew in and I shuddered as did Chico the Wonder Dog. I saw him hesitate for just a second then step out onto the porch.
He started toward the stairs leading down to his lawn and then turned back for a second and, with a twitch of his nose, looked at me, "If I'm not back in five minutes, come a looking for me and bring an ice pick!" What a guy!

Later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog looks just like my Chico,he died about 22 years ago. I believe that he can communicate,My Chico could talk.Now,Don't write me off as a kook.I left him with my sister when I went to Vegas,when I came back,she looked at me as if to say "you wont believe this" but your dog can talk.I said I know,but I don't tell anybody because they would think I am a nut. She said he was sitting on her lap,looked up in her face and very clearly said " I love you". It wasn't the howling sound they make on tv.He actually said it. He also said "outside" when he needed to go out and "oh,Mama!"When he was agrivated with me. I made a tape of him singing and the radio station played it all evening once,until the dj's boss told him he couldn't play it any more.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home