i A Time and a Place...: Batching It...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Batching It...

Well, looks like we're batching it for a while. Chico the Wonder Dog and I have been here for two days now without Donna.

I was kicking back a couple of days ago (I do a lot of that since I retired from my regular job) and Donna walked up to me and said she thought she'd go down to Modesto to visit the kids for a couple of days. I told her to go ahead and to stay as long as she wanted to. So she did.

I think the advent of our son's death on the 21st of last month is still nagging at her. She mentions the other kids more often now than she did before. She wishes we lived closer to them than we now do.

She called last night and described her two days there to me.
The first day, she and Tracey went shopping and yesterday she, Tracey and Margaret had lunch together. And she saw our other son, Lorado. She hasn't seen Veronica yet.

She had called her sister who lives in San Francisco several times, too, in the last weeks. That is usually an @ four times a year call. Today she will drive to the Dublin/Pleasanton Bart (Bay Area Rapid Transit) terminal and leave the car there and take the train to SF and spend the day and maybe tonight with her sister.

I'm not sure when she'll be back. Chico the Wonder Dog finally ate something last night while I was asleep. He hadn't eaten hardly anything since Donna left.

Yesterday I Looked at him, "You'd better eat something before you dry up and blow away."
He looked at me, "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

I looked back at him,(we have to 'look' at each other because dog's can't talk) "Not I wouldn't. I'd have to explain it to Donna and I sure don't want to have to do that!"
Then he came over to where I was sitting and put his hands up on my leg. He wanted me to scratch his back and massage his shoulders and rub his ear flaps. And I did. I think he misses Donna more than I do.

We'll just have to make the best of it while she's gone

.

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Smoke a cigar. Eat hotwings. In front of Chico (He can't tell Donna).

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home