i A Time and a Place...: Time For A Walk...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Time For A Walk...

Mi Espousa (my wife- a little Mex lingo there) and I decided to go for a walk this evening. We have put on a lb or 2 (apiece) and are attempting to eat a few pounds less of food per person, per day and get a little more exercise in the hopes we might shed a lb or 2. (each)

Well, they (whoever 'they' are) say that if we exercise moderatly we might be a bit more successful in losing the weight we wish to lose.

When I first heard of this (exercising) I must say I wasn't too excited about it. I questioned as to whether or not exercise would be of any help. All it has ever done for me in the past is make me tired and sore.

As a matter of a fact, I seem to recall the doctor who replaced my left hip and my left shoulder saying too much exercise might make my new joints wear out sooner. I don't mind saying, I have been very careful to not wear out my new joints sooner than is expected (thirty or forty years)by exerting myself too much.

When Donna axed me what I thought about exercising to help lose some weight, I axed her "Will I have to actually stand up?" She opined as to how I would and I quickly lost any desire I might have had to do that thing.

Anyhow, we (she) decided we would go for a walk. I expressed a reservation against walking around in the mobile park where we live (not wanting to look like some old person out for a walk) so Donna suggested driving to the river park and trying to appear to be actual hikers, out for a hike instead of a cardiac enhancing old person stroll.

I finally agreed and we started out the door.

All at once a ghostly form blocked the door. It startled us at first until we heard the low (as low as 6 inches tall can be) throaty growl and realized it was Chico the Wonder Dog.

He looked at me, "And where the hell do you think you're going without me?" (He has to 'look at' me because, as we all know, dogs can't talk)

I looked at him, "Out for a walk." Then quickly added, "Would you like to come?"

"Does a bear do it in the forest?" he looked at me and I agreed a bear does 'do it' in the forest so I told him to come on.

"Do you still have that heavy headed walking cane?" I admitted as to how I did and he indicated I needed to take it for self defense in case there might be someone there bigger and meaner than either Donna or me. (I have an idea he might have been a tad nervous about there maybe being a big ten pound dog there, too)

Well, I grabbed the cane, took Donna by the arm and leashed Chico the Wonder Dog (to protect the public from him-just in case he went berserk) and we went to the river and had our walk.

I lost a 13th of an ounce.

Just think, in only 208 days I will have lost a pound! Wonderful!!

Donna says she lost two ounces. (?)

Chico lost an ounce. We left it on the trail to mark his territory.

Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

God bless you. I have a terrible time losing weight.

9:59 PM  
Blogger J C said...

Thank you. It'll get harder as you get older! Bummer!

11:32 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Yeah, with all this heat, I'm down to running only five miles a day.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home