i A Time and a Place...: What Next?...

Friday, September 09, 2005

What Next?...

I tell you, I don't know about this guy. I'm talking, of course, about Chico the Wonder dog.

I left the house yesterday and was gone longer than I wanted to be gone. Anyhow, when I got back Chico the Wonder Dog met me at the door. It was obvious he needed to go outside and not in a minute,-right now!

I let him out and I went on in and left the door open so he could get back in when he finished his business.

I busied myself with something, looking over the mail I think, and didn't notice it when Chico the Wonder Dog came in.

After a moment I looked around and saw a brown spot on the carpet.
"Oops," I thought. "What happened here?" Chico the Wonder Dog must have heard me.

"Hey," he looked at me,(he has to 'look' at me because dogs can't talk) "It was an accident, all right? It's not as if I can reach the toilet paper and there is none outside like there is for those bears on TV; not even a tree to hang it on!"

"Hey," I looked at him, "I didn't say anything."

"You wanted to," he looked at me. "If you hadn't been here, I would have had time to clean it up... I don't care! I'm glad you're here. My knuckles are always red anymore from scrubbing the damn rug and my fingernails are cracked from the damn carpet cleaner".
"You didn't know that, did you? I've been cleaning up after myself and it isn't easy. Any other dog wouldn't do it! They wouldn't have to!" Then he was gone.

I cleaned it up. I had too. I felt like a real rat.
I know-I know...I didn't do anything wrong but It sure feels like I did.

Later...

4 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Chico will forgive your anger. That is what wonderdogs do.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Thank you. I needed that.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That was a very cute post! My dog makes me feel guilty too, just to get me to do stuff for her, like massage her back and toss her blankee in the dryer on a cool night before she goes to bed.

You said you had a recipe for curing migraines? If you want to share it, I'd be very obliged! You can email me :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Maybe, just maybe!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home