i A Time and a Place...: "I'm Still Waiting"...

Monday, April 10, 2006

"I'm Still Waiting"...

In the words of Dawn Sears, "I'm still waiting," but not for love. I'm still waiting for the worse cold I've ever had to go away. With me, a cold usually lasts about three weeks, at the most. This one has been around for a month and (crossed fingers) seems to be getting better this morning.

However, it got better two weeks ago and the 'better' lasted for a day then the damned thing started all over again.

I've sure missed some good jam sessions because of it. I plan to get my music together when I get well (I was waiting for my new hip and have that now) and start entertaining old people again.

Donna misses it, too. As does Chico the Wonder Dog.

Just this morning Chico the Wonder Dog looked at me, (he has to 'look at me' because dogs can't talk) "When are you going to start playing music again?" I looked at him, "As soon as this bad cold goes away."
He looked at me, "Is there anything I can do to help?"
I looked at him,"Why are you so concerned?"
He hesitated for just a second then looked at me,"You can't imagine what it's like to have you in the house, 24 hours a day for a month!" I glanced at him; or rather, where he had been. He had disappeared and I knew he would magically reappear in his bed sanctuary where I am not allowed.

I fumed a bit at first then I began to understand how he must feel, being in the position he is in, never allowed to leave the house except to visit his lawn. Maybe having a bad cold isn't the worse thing that can happen to a man; or a dog.

I chuckle about it now and expect, at any time, to see him back in the living room. He knows about things.

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Chico goes to the Jam sessions.

You know I love my pups. But nothing compares to a chihuahua for portability.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kermit said...

Get well soon...

Kermit

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home