i A Time and a Place...: In Memoriam To An American Hero...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

In Memoriam To An American Hero...

"The 2996...Lest we forget"...


"There is a time and a place for everything...A time to live; A time to die..."


In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth and He populated the Earth with good, God fearing honest and free people; And God created the United States of America to be an example to the rest of the world. And He saw it was good.

Then God said,

"Let Us make a man who is honest.

Let Us make a man who is humble.

Let Us make a man who will love his Country with all his heart.

Let Us make a man who will dedicate his life to his country.

Let Us make a man who will defend his Nation with his life if need be.

Let Us make a man who will sacrifice his all to preserve the honor and freedoms of his Nation.

Let Us create a man who will be ever vigilant and love his family and his Country above all.

Let Us make a man who will never shirk his duty to his country, no matter what the cost."

And after God had finished creating the man of whom He spoke, He looked at that man and said, "Here is that man! Our creation is good!"

This man was Timothy J Maude. He was a loving family man and he dedicated his life to the service of his country as a soldier who rose to the rank of Lieutenant General.
He was fortunate to have a job he loved and enjoyed. We are fortunate to have had this man in our lives, to have been protected by him and others like him who dedicated and sometimes gave up their lives so we might be free.

*I received this comment from someone who personally knew Lt General Maude and am so impressed with it, I am including it in the Memorian. It is from Julia.*

Julia said...
"LTG Maude was the guest speaker at my graduation from the Adjutant General's Corps Officer Basic Course. He was an inspiration to all who had the opportunity to come in contact with him. He was an American Hero and should always be remembered as such.

I feel incredibly blessed to have met this man and had the opportunity to shake his hand as well as hear the words of wisdom that he shared with us that day. He was incredibly intelligent, honest and generous and as I said, truly an inspiration.

There is a building here on Camp Casey in South Korea named in his honor. It seems such a small tribute for such an exceptional gentlemen and officer of the United States Army. His passing is a tragic loss for the AG Corps, the US Army and all of mankind. If only there were more like him.

Thank you for honoring this incredible American.
By the way, in case you didn't know, LTG Maude was the highest ranking individual to have lost his life on 9/11."

Thank you, Julia, for the wonderful addition to this post. It is an honor for me to include this heartfelt comment from one of his comrades in arms to my humble tribute to the General!



We will never forget!

God Bless Lt General Timothy J Maude and God Bless America!"

Later...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute, thank you for participating in this project. I am honoring five, please stop by if you get a free moment.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

A great tribute to a great American and a hero to us all. Thank you for posting it and for visiting my memorial for Debra Paris.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Dariana and Miss Chris, thank you both for your kind words. I could not say enough about the great soldier, Lt General Maude, by I had to try. God bless...

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Katherine, I read your profile, "I do believe all dogs go to Heaven," I hope you read the two previous posts down from the tribute. Our little boy, Chico the Wonder Dog went to Heaven a short time ago. He was 15 years old. He was a wonderful dog and we really miss him; and he was smart!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

CH - wonderful tribute. I am so happy that you participated in 2996, too. I have read so many of them over the weekend - so many good people died. God bless them all.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fine tribute to a hero -- before, during and after 9/11. Thanks for sharing.

I wrote about Harry Ramos, who died helping a complete stranger.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LTG Maude was the guest speaker at my graduation from the Adjutant General's Corps Officer Basic Course. He was truly an inspiration to all who had the opportunity to come in contact with him. He was an American Hero and should always be remembered as such. I feel incredibly blessed to have met this man and had the opportunity to shake his hand as well as hear the words of wisdom that he shared with us that day. He was incredibly intelligent, honest and generous. Las I said - simply an inspiration.

There is a building here on Camp Casey in South Korea named in his honor. Such a small tribute for such an exceptional gentlemen and office of the United States Army. His passing is a tragic loss for the AG Corps, the US Army and all of man kind. If only there were more like him.

Thank you for honoring this incredible American. By the way, in case you didn't know, LTG Maude was the highest ranking individual to have lost his life on 9/11.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All,

I was in no way a PEER to LTG Maude. I am a MUCH lower ranking officer than he was and I could never hope to even make it that high. I am just one of many US Army Officers in the AG Corps who had the opporunity to meet him and be inspired by his work and his life. Thanks for including my comment though. God Bless you all.

Also, sorry about the typos on the last post. I tried to go back and fix them, but I didn't know how.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Julia, I tried to help you out with the typos. I hope I got it right.

BTW: In my eyes (the eyes of an SP3) you are a peer to the General! (or someday will be)

I love high raking officers. I was a driver for Major General Rutledge, commander of Fort Bliss, Texas in 1953 and 4, General Bender, Gen Rutledges' Deputy Commander, (and he took over briefly after General Rutledge retired) Colonel Herrod another Deputy Commander and Major General Wood, the Commander when I mustered out in 1956. The higher the rank was, the nicer it seemed the officer was. I'm sure Lt General Maude was no exception. Thanks again. (leave a link, if you wish)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home