i A Time and a Place...: A strange thing happened to me today...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A strange thing happened to me today...

A strange thing happened to me today. So strange that I hesitate to even tell about because I know someone will think I am losing it for sure. But I feel I should tell about it anyhow, maybe for the sake of someone else as well as myself.



I was sitting at my computer and had just entered a sentence onto a word document, just a letter of no importance to someone who is also of no importance. Then a weird thing happened. First I felt a small twinge in my head, not much, just a little twinge, kind of like a dizzy spell. Then (and you’re not going to believe this) the letters of the sentence began going away, backwards, just as they had been put onto the paper.

I was puzzled, thinking the computer was screwing up or something. And I was having trouble thinking straight. I started to get up from the chair and really freaked out. When I tried to arise, I stood up and pushed the chair backward and walked backward to the kitchen.
What the hell is going on, I remembered thinking. I decided to go into the bathroom and look in the mirror to assure myself I wasn’t dreaming.

Then, without making any effort to, I picked up a water glass and lifted it to my lips and half filled it with water and then held the water glass under the tap and watched the water flow back up into the tap. Then I sat the glass down and walked backward to the bathroom and turned and looked into the mirror.

I recognized myself as being real and awake, not sleeping, and I felt a small panic begin to come over me. What was happening? Why was everything going backward? Am I crazy or is God punishing me for something?

That last question must have done it because I again felt a small twinge in my head, just a tiny dizziness and when I looked into the mirror, I was moving forward. It, whatever ‘it’ is, was over. For some stupid reason I tried then to walk backward and almost tripped over a throw rug that is on the floor.

What a relief! I was almost giddy; knowing that whatever had happened to me was over. At least, I hope it’s over. Not a full day has passed yet since ‘the thing’ happened to me. I don’t know what happened, I only hope it never happens again.

Later…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you momentarily slipped into a different dimension; i e, a parallel world where everything is opposite from the here and now. If so, you were fortunate your mind stayed here; otherwise you may not have been able to come back. I saw a show on that subject on the Science channel on tv.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Good heavens!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home