i A Time and a Place...: Skeeters Rose...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Skeeters Rose...


This is a picture of a Rose that grew up from the grave of a beloved little girl, Skeeter. She was a yellow eyed Burmese and I always believed she was a real little girl as well as a cat.

When she died, Donna and I buried her in our back yard, near a fence so her grave would never be disturbed. I planted a rose bush on her grave and, for a year, no rose came. The second year this rose and several more graced her resting place. All the roses were large and beautiful.

From that year on, the roses were small and mostly buds. Could it be this rose was the spirit of Skeeter being released? Maybe that is why it was so large and beautiful.

Later...

4 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Nice rose.

5:35 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

I always see the practical side of things and I think ca sees things as more mystic.
I think skeeter was good fertilizer for the rose bush.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I think Skeeter had a beautiful spirit. All of this talk about fertilizer....how depressing...;-)

8:30 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

It's the natural order of life. I don't know why that should be depressing.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home