i A Time and a Place...: A Quickie...

Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Quickie...

Someone said,-Jim, will you write me a poem;
I asked him,-What would you like me to say?
He said he didn't care; just pick a subject.
I answered, writing poems ain't done that way.

I told him that he'd need some kind of subject;
Something that he felt love or pity for;
An old bestfriend, or maybe, an old lover
Or something he's had dealings with before.

He said there's nothing like that I can think of.
Just write whatever you think of to say.
I put my pencil down and said I'm sorry;
To write a good poem just ain't done that way.


"I write for you a little ode,-
A sonnet, pure and true;
'Though it don't say a damn-ded thing,
I wrote it just for you!"

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

A little poem about nothing.

On a different note. Check out this page.
It has the code for graphics for your template. It can spruce up your sidebar.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home