i A Time and a Place...: Happy Thanksgiving...

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Donna, Chico the Wonder Dog and I certainly did!

We went to Modesto and spent two days with my sister and her family and our three daughters and their families.

We had Thanksgiving dinner with our Grandson Chris and his sweet wife Beckie. It was the first semi-formal dinner they have given since they were married. We were honored to have been invited.

On Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, we spent the day with my sister and her family and we visited our daughter, Tracey.

We spent that night with Veronica and our two granddaughters.

Veronica invited her fellow, Brian, over to meet us and, as a surprise to him, she also invited his Mother. He is a very nice fellow and his Mother was very nice, too.

Donna and I took our musical equipment with us and, by request, we set it up and sang some songs for them. Veronica hammed it up a bit, as did I and Donna warbled like the nightingale she is.
Brians Mother sang a few songs, too. We had a grand time.

Thanksgiving we went to Chris and Beckies' house in Riverbank and had dinner with them and Margaret and Mike, our daughter and son-in-law. After dinner we put on a show for them. Everyone had a great time and everyone ate way too much!

It was a wonderful holiday and we thank God for our blessings! Sometimes, on down days, I wonder why I can't have everything I want. Then, on other days (like yesterday) I wonder how I can have so much.
I saw a woman at the Walmart parking lot, sitting in the open sliding side door of her van, holding a sign. The sign read, "Please help us. We need food and gas." All of a sudden five bucks didn't seem like much.

We have a God who loves us and gave his Son for us and we thank Him every day for His blessings. We pray for our families and we pray for our soldier boys and girls and ask God to watch over and protect them while they are defending our freedoms in that far off land.

Thank God for our families; Thank God for our blessings and thank God for the brave sons and daughters; husbands and wives and mothers and fathers who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home