i A Time and a Place...: "Seeing machine" offers legally blind view of world"...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

"Seeing machine" offers legally blind view of world"...

What a wonderful way to start the day!...Imagine having been legally blind for years and then one day, hearing a knock on your door and 'peering' out to 'see' someone with a small box in his hand and hearing her say, "I can make you see again!"

I have a friend who is legally blind, but probably not blind enough for this machine to help him much. But I know what pain comes with being, even slightly, blind.

Kudos to Elizabeth Goldring, A legally blind poet at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who has designed a "seeing machine.

Now I'm off to the creek!

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What a wonderful invention. I have a cousin who has been blind since he was a baby. He was born with extra membrane over his eyes and the idiot doctor who tried to remove it, used his own, untried procedure of scraping, and damaged Rog's eyes so bad that he has never been able to see. I wonder if this devise would work for him?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home