i A Time and a Place...: Bummer...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bummer...

I just walked into the great room and, as usual, sat in my private (It's mine!) Lazy Boy lounge reclining super comfortable,-I've had it forever it seems,- (it might need a bit of cleaning and the cushions on the arms have semi-separated from the arms foundations so that a small object could, if need be, be hidden between the loose cushions and the arms themselves)'whew'-chair and leaned back and heard a loud 'POP'-hence,-

Bummer...

After shuddering uncontrollably for a inestimable (or so) second, I arose to determine what had caused the loud, terrifying 'pop'. I pulled the aforementioned Lazy Boy lounge reclining super comfortable,-I've had it forever it seems,- (it might need a bit of cleaning and the cushions on the arms have semi-separated from the arms foundations so that a small object could, if need be, be hidden between the loose cushions and the arms themselves)'whew'-chair forward and into the

center

of the great room and tipped it up onto it's front and proceeded to unhinge the back from the base to determine what it was I wished to determine,-that is to say,-(finally) what had caused the 'POP

I put my hand on the backing facing (a little play on words there) and felt a very sharp point of something inside the chair back.

This explanation is starting to get tiring so I'll cut to the chase.

There is a sheet of material that covers the bottom of the back of the chair. (which, by the way, had slipped right out of the base with a small tug I gave at the suggestion of Mi Espousa, La Donna d'el Nebraska ((a little Mex lingo here))i.e.,my wife, Donna) I whipped out my trusty under water proof pocket knife which was given to me by my best of all time friend, Ken Akin, (he's gone to the great scuba diving area in the sky) and cut a slit in the material in a manner that would allow it to be re-attached by sewing later, if need be, and looked into the orifice.

'Voila!' There, in un-plain sight, was a broken spring! It was made of tensile steel and was snapped a ways out from the edge where it was attached.

'whew' I'm getting weary, telling this story in the manner in which I'm telling this story. I'll start over.

I sat in my recliner and leaned back and a spring broke in the back of the chair. I checked it over and determined it couldn't be repaired satisfactorily and, since the chair was kind of ragged from long and faithful use anyway, I took it to the broken Lazy Boy Recliner Chair Heaven (the county dump) and shopped around and bought two new chairs, Lanes, one for me and "One More For the Road," -'oops',- one for Donna.

Now I ax you, wasn't that better?

That's it,- There ain't no more, at least, not at this time.

Now you have the long and the short of it and you can,-or may,- do with it as you will -or won't. I hope this revelation has helped to make your day a bit brighter!
Don't thank me,-it's the least I could do under the circumstances.(whatever 'the circumstances' are)

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

That poor old chair but at least the two of you have new chairs to enjoy. Happy weekend..

4:48 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Thanks, Tweety! We do enjoy the new chairs! You have a nice weekend, too.
Your friend, Jim

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home