i A Time and a Place...: Time For Another Jam Session...

Friday, January 20, 2006

Time For Another Jam Session...

Well, tomorrow is time for another jam session. We haven't gone to many lately and this one should be fun.

Donna learned a new song; "Born to Lose." We practiced it for about three minutes-that should do it. Of course, I already knew it. It's an old standard written by Ted Daffan of Lufkin, Texas. It was recorded by Ernest Tubb among others. It really hit the top of the charts when Ray Charles recorded it.

Now Donna ain't no Ernie Tubb nor is she a Ray Charles but I tend to think she'll do all right. Her velvety smooth voice rings with excitment and is full and resonantly satisfying.

I don't know what I'll sing; I'll decide that tomorrow when my turn comes.

I'll let you know how it comes out after the session tomorrow.

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Ernest Tubb is from Wingate Texas. My grandfather told me he was worthless and lazy. I guess Nashville is just right for some folks. The world would be a dark place without his music.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home