i A Time and a Place...: Another Good Day At The Mine...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Another Good Day At The Mine...

I went to 'the creek' yesterday and did a bit of gold panning and did alright (all right). I went to a place I had worked many times before. The water is down so all of (al'of) the area that had produced good gold in the past is exposed. I meant to work a spot upstream (up the stream) but there was a pool of standing water covering it. I'll try there in a couple of months when the water had evaporated.

I started cleaning around a chunk of bedrock that protruded (stuck up) fron the creek bed about three inches. First I dug the looser material from around the rock (protuberance) and, since the protuberance only protruded a few inches, it took only a few minutes.

I poured the material into a five gallon bucket, through a sizing screen that stopped bigger rocks from going into (in to) the bucket. Then I took it and my gold pan to the water and panned it out. I got a bit of gold in that pan.

The best piece of gold I got was from prying a piece of the bed rock (bed-rock) from the main rock and cleaning out from there. Lodged between the pieces were two nice 'pickers'.

It was hotter 'n you-know-where so, after a couple of hours, I went home. All in all, it was a great day. I spent only eighteen bucks (fuel for my Cummins Powered Diesel Engined Three-Quarter Ton Pickup) to find four dollars and 97 cents worth of gold. But I got some good exercise and lost a pound and enjoyed the outing so it was worth it!

VIII
Whether at Naishápúr or Babylon,
Whether the Cup with sweet or bitter run,
The Wine of Life keeps oozing drop by drop,
The Leaves of Life keep falling one by one...


Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

How come you don't invite your friend Sandy to go with you? Are you tired of re-training him in the art of panning?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home