i A Time and a Place...: Another Great Day...

Friday, February 29, 2008

Another Great Day...

Today (Friday) was another great day! Donna, Mi Espousa, (a little Mex lingo here) and I entertained the old folks (some of them are older than are we)at the Frontier Hall in Anderson. The Frontier Hall is the Senior Citizen Nutrition Center and Activity Hall. We set up our equipment on the floor in the dining area. But there is a gap between our equipment table and the diners' tables so it works out fine.

We did a few of our 'regular' songs, such as, "When I Fall In Love," "Amarillo By Morning," "I Just Fall in Love Again," and others,ones we know are the favorites of some of the regulars. We, also, added a few new songs, ones we just learned within the last week. Donna did, "Singing In the Rain," a great song recorded by Gene Kelly from a movie of the same name.

A new one I did was a wonderful song, written and recorded by both Roy Orbison and Bill Dees, called, "Sleepy Hollow." It Starts: "There's a place I call Sleepy Hollow
Where I go when you're not around.
There's a brook running clear through the meadow;
I lose my blues in it's sound..."

I have had the recording of this song sung by Roy Orbison for years but I never heard Bill Dees sing it. He does a great job.If I can figure out how to do it, I'll put his version on my blog for you to hear. (Any suggestions on 'How To' anyone?)

I'll finish this later but now I have decided to go to the creek. See ya!

Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Have you tried You Tubing it?? Just an idea. Other wise no ideas from me. That sounds like a lovely day with the folks who cant get out much.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

It sounds like you had lots of fun entertaining the "old" folks....I really shouldn't put it that way because I'm getting up there myself, I'm 58. lol

10:37 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Tweety, I'll try YouTube. Maybe I can figure it out. Thanks

LS-It is fun,-and, believe me, 58 ain't old!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home