i A Time and a Place...: Another Jam Session Day...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Jam Session Day...

And I'm looking forward to it! There are a couple of songs I haven't sung in many years that I might do today.
One is,"Walk Through This World With Me," a George Jones song. And Maybe,"White lightening," also by Mr Jones.

And there is one that was recorded by Ricky Skaggs called,"You May See Me Walking." I used to do that one when Mi Espousa, La Donna d'el Nebraska (a little Mex lingo there) and I had the Sandalwood Club in Modesto.

It was a really great club and we had a band called,"Half Fast Country," that was as good or better than any in the country. Donna ran the bar (this is her behind the bar)and I took care of the music.

I had Leon (on the left) and Ray Richardson (on the far right) playing twin leads, fiddles, pianos and anything else that made music and they both sang. They were the the best. One of Ray's favorite pieces was,"The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

Howard Julian (third from the left-the second one is me) played bass and sang and Leon's daughter played drums and sang. It was a wonderful life for a beer drinking musician.(Moi)

It was great fun and these jam sessions take me back a bit. That's what makes them worth going to.

We're dabbling in YouTube now, too, putting a few videos in our site as JC and Donna Lee. That's fun, too!

Well, I'd best get cracking and wash my face and comb my hair so's I;m at least acceptable as a 'jammer'. Oh, and put on some clothes to cut back on the shock value! 'chuckle'

Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Enjoy yourselves and have a good day.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Sounds like you have had some good times....Have fun!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Lotus Woman said...

Jim, Blondie would like you to call her. I found your comment to Clark on one of my blogs. Stay in touch if you want to get in touch,

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home