i A Time and a Place...: Well, It's Jammin' Time Agin...

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Well, It's Jammin' Time Agin...


So here we go again, headed for the big Jam Session at Paskenta. (You gotta look real clost to see it on the map-or in person) It's always fun, though, and now that the weather is so hot, Loretta makes ice cream to cool us off! Yum,-Yum!!!

(Here's a picture of my baby,-no, not Mi Espousa La Donna!-my Guild--it ain't no SJ 200 Gibson but I think Lefty 'will understand and say Well Done' -sounds like another song)

I decided to do a couple of Lefty Frizzell songs today. I haven't done them in a long time. Luckily, most of the Jammers are old enough to remember who Lefty is,-or was. He's gone to the Big Jam Session in the Sky now but I understand each time someone here in the flesh (heavy on 'the flesh') sings one of his songs, he shows up and says 'Hello!' Now, at least that's what I've been led to believe. I'll let you know what happens.

Bye,-Bye!!

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Enjoy your session and hope the folks enjoy the music. Wish there were more people like you to do such things for the older folks. Sorry when I say older. I am 31 years old.. LOL..

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

'Chuckle'..Thanks for the compliment, tweety! As funny as it may seem, when we are around folks that are eighty plus years old, (one man we play for is 96 years old) we refer to them as 'older' and it makes us feel young! I'm 72 and Donna's 71 but we both feel much younger when we play music! I guess it's a lot in keeping busy doing something we really enjoy!

I hope you are enjoying your new job!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home