i A Time and a Place...: Try a Different One...

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Try a Different One...


...no, no!-not a different lady! Mine is much more than adequate.

Isn't it strange..I know from experience that, what I just said,-'more than adequate', even though it is meant to be high praise, would be offensive to some.

Mi Espousa (a little Mex lingo here) says,"Who, except you, would ever count how many center stripe dashes on the highway there are in a mile?"

I give up, -who? Pardon me while I get my thought process aligned.

"...no, no!-not a different lady!" should have progressed to; 'a voice processor to create harmony in the singing and speaking voice.'

I just sold a TC Helicon Voice Live harmonizer because it was too complicated for what I require and want. I just want simple harmony in my singing and the TCVL had several zillion settings I would need to understand to get that. (I have an un-several zillion size brain) The guy I sold it to said he has a friend who has owned one of those for three years and is still learning about it. I'm not sure how many years I have left but I don't want to take a chance on using all of them just to get a little harmony for an aging but still pleasantly riveting voice.

Anyhoo, I borrowed a Digitech 2 from a lady friend to see if it would do the job for me and decided the Digitech 4 is what I need (or rather, want) so I ordered one. It'll be here in a few days and I can start this cycle all over again, this time, I hope, with more positive effects. (or is that, affects?..uum) As the great and wise, albeit grumpy and snarling, modern day sage, Chico the Wonder Dog, would Have said,"Oh, well."

Later...

4 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

I have to admit I have no idea what a harmonizer does. I dont sing unless I am alone in the car or the house. My singing is terrible.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

A harmonizer provides a second (or third, etc) voice in a slightly higher or lower pitch to the lead voice to provide harmony. Some of the very best, for instance, is the Mamas and the Papas' song,"Monday, Monday."

1:46 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Yup, most of the time simpler is better. L got me an MP3 player for Christmas. I don't need all the bells and whistles; just something I can listen to my music while working outside.

5:31 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Ok. I have one Record of them actually. I should say Jeff does. But I get the point. Thanks for explaining that to me.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home