i A Time and a Place...: Enough Turkey---Now,- On With the Show!...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Enough Turkey---Now,- On With the Show!...

I think that is enough turkey for anyone. Now it's time for another jam session.

This one is at the Community Hall in Happy Valley. I especially like this one because there is more room to set up and move around. Mi Espousa, La Donna d'el Nebraska (a little Mex lingo here) is a'rarin' to go and so am I! We have a couple of songs to do that we haven't yet worn out.

I remembered a John Anderson song,"Would You Catch a Falling Star," that I used to do at our club, the Sandalwood Club, in Modesto years ago.
I was perusing the You Tube network a few days ago and came acrost it and recomembered doing it years afore. I still remember the words so I'm gonna do it today.

Anyhoo, I'll get back to you at a later date, 'if the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise!?

Later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

That turkey is something else! LOL.

I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy your gig.

11:47 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Have a ball...or should I say break a leg?
My hubby was a professional musician when I met him. Now he can't hear well enough to even tune his guitar. I miss his music!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Thanks, Griz Ma! The turkey has a bit too much tan to suit me! We had a great T'Giving! I hope you did!

tshsmom, bummer! Maybe he can get one of those things that fits along the skull bone and picks up signals.
I don't know what I'd do if'n I couldn't hear my guitar!
Have him send it to me and I'll tune it for him! 'chuckle'
PS Check us out at JC and Donna Lee.

5:15 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Have a great time doing the Jam Session and enjoy the folks listening.. They need the music as much as you need doing it..

10:37 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Thanks, Tweety. We did have a great time; better than usual, in fact. There were so many singers that we only did three songs apiece. And the music was better than usual.

BTW, I hope you didn't eat too much on T'giving day! 'chuckle'

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home