i A Time and a Place...: The Break Is Over...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Break Is Over...

Mi Espousa, la Donna d'el Nebraska (a little Mex lingo here) -anyhoo, my wife, Donna Lee went to San Francisco a while back to help her sister, Janice, pack Christmas Season relief packages for underprivileged folks in that area and she was gone for five days; five days of hell! (For me)

In all that time I didn't yell at anyone; nag anyone; order around anyone; whine to anyone; take advantage of anyone; pull the covers off of anyone; order meals prepared by anyone; have my clothing washed and ironed (underwear included) by anyone; berate anyone or snore at anyone! It was, indeed, hell!

And I had to put on my 'Entertain the Older Folks' program alone, just me, my guitar, my computer and my harmonicas. (And thirty one screaming, swooning oldsters clawing at my clothing) That, too, was a bit of hell! -'yeah,-sure it was..' hell, you say.
Well, at least, 'heck.'

Anyways, she's back now and not a moment too soon. Actually, she has been back for a couple of weeks. And not a moment too soon.

We played a little gig in Redding on Monday. it was a one hour show,-stretched to an hour and forty five minutes. We were originally slated to play for an hour but when that hour was up, the fellow who 'presented' us said we could stay for as long as we wanted to. I told him I had already been there as long as I wanted to and would do one more and Donna Lee would do one more and we would be out of there. And we did.
It was a fun gig but the thirty five mile drive there and the thirty five mile back had us donating two hours of time and eleven bucks of gasoline. I told them I didn't think we would be back to Redding for anymore of those gigs. The lady whose house we used to practice wanted us to drive to Redding just to practice. Crap on that, I said. (under my breath) Over my breath I told her we wouldn't be interested in any more gigs in Redding; we can contribute to charity with our entertainment a heck of a lot cheaper here in Red Bluff for tips and in Anderson for tips. Up to this date, I do not know of any place here that gives away gasoline. Dang!

Well, (I say that a lot as did our finest President, Ronald Reagan,-who, by the way, was also-like me- born under the sign of Aquarius) Friday is once again time to entertain old folks at the Frontier Hall Senior Citizen Nutrition Center in Anderson, California.
I'm looking forward to it. I learned a new song-a Bob Dylan song called,"I Want You." It's a 'talking' song.

Bye, bye for now. I'll let you all know how things turn out. I'm just glad Donna Lee is back. Now, pardon me while I scream to Donna Lee for a sody pop!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home