i A Time and a Place...: Cleaning Day At The Trailer House...

Monday, July 18, 2005

Cleaning Day At The Trailer House...

Donna and I cleaned the refrigerator today. It had been several months since it was thoroughly cleaned inside. We started at around seven am and are just finishing up now at 1:20 pm. It has been a very eventful morning.

You know, it's hard to imagine how quickly and easily things accumulate in a refrigerator...and how much there is. Usually a person buys things, eats things and replaces things. 'duh'...sure they do...

While I was wiping the moisture off things that had been removed from the refer, prior to replacing them, I asked Donna, "Haven't I cleaned this liquid chocolate bottle already?" She said no I hadn't and I insisted I had and she said maybe it was one of these and showed me two more exactly like the one I was cleaning. Then I asked a very silly question. I Asked, (and I quote)"Why do we have three liquid chocolate bottles that are each half full?"
She laughed hysterically and said, "If you don't already know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!" And she stomped out of the room.

Now I have to figure out just what to say to apologize to her. And about what to apologize.

I tell you, cleaning days are very dangerous days and, for outdoorsmen, should be avoided like the plague. I started to go to the creek today but decided against it because it is 114 degrees outside and the place I want to go has no shade of any kind along the bank. I probably would have gotten heat stroke, had I gone, so I volunteered to stay and help clean the refer instead.

Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be 114 again and I suspect something else here at home needs cleaning.
I'll be at the creek, heatstroke or no heatstroke!

Whoops, I gotta go now. The UNICEF truck is pulling up outside and I'll need to help them load all the food we had in the refer that was past the expiration date. I wanted to throw it out but Donna said the starving children in the third and fourth world nations won't mind eating a 13 pound canned ham that was supposed to have been eaten a week ago. So we called the UN and had them send a truck.

I'm glad we did, though, because I'd have had to rent a U-Haul to haul all the surplus to the dump.

Oh, Yeah!...You think I'm putting you on? You shoulda seen us when we had a 25 cubic foot double door box instead of this 18 cubic footer!

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Okay, I'll bite...why do you and your wife have three liquid chocolate bottles that are each half filled?

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home