i A Time and a Place...: Happy Birthday to Me!...

Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!...

It was a long ways and took a long time! 70 down and 25 to Go!



Today at about 10:30 a m I was 70 years old. What a milestone this is for me!

I lived before indoor toilets were common.

I lived before automatic transmissions in automobiles were common.

I lived before helicopters were common.

I lived before jet planes were common.

I lived before television sets were common.

I lived before push button phones were invented.

I lived before anyone objected to saying a little prayer at the start of a school class.

I lived before cell phones were invented.

I lived before Nintendo and Play Station.

I lived before the nylon bristle tooth brush was invented.

I lived before microwave ovens were invented.

I lived before radial tires were invented.

I lived before cd’s were even heard of.

I lived before intercontinental ballistic missiles were invented.

I lived before the A and H Bombs.

I lived before the credit card was invented.

I lived before income tax withholding existed.

I lived before Walmart.

I lived before Longs Drug Store.

I lived before interstate freeways.

I lived before roadside parks.

I lived before electric gas pumps.

I lived before stereo.

I lived before prozac.

I lived before Sputnik.

There are many more, “I lived before”s but I’ll save some for next year.

I lived before PCs and that about says it all!

Later…

7 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

MAY PEACE BE UPON YOUR SOUL, HEART, MIND, AND BODY...AMEN.

WE CAN ALL LIVE, BUT NOT ALL HAVE A LIVED LIFE, HOPE YOU HAVE ONE...

May God Almighty grant you peace in this life and the next, Amen.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Stratu said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!

70 years! Did you know that that is 56 years longer than the average Peking Man could expect?

4:34 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Jim, you don't look a day older than 69.
BTW, did you check sara out?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Sara-Thank you.

Stratu-Interesting...I suppose because I've never been to China and don't particularly like fish or rice.'chuckle'

Sandy-Thanks for the tremendous compliment...yes, I left her a comment.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Happy Birthday a little belated.

You are now the 5th person I am acquainted with who has a birthday on January 27th. One of them is my big brother.

Love the pic. of you as a baby.

9:16 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday.
Fantastic post.

OW Holmes was still walking 2 1/2 miles to work until he was 20 years your senior.

Moses was still herding sheep.

I can go on.

Get your hip fixed. Recover. And start posting about all the dancing your doing.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Monicar, Thank you for the nice comment and telling me about your brothers' b'day being on the 27th. He must be quite a guy!

BWH, thanks for the comment. I am home now after having had my hip replaced with a new one. I thought about what you said about dancing and I called my doctor and asked if I would be able to dance now and he said, yes I would. I really look forward to it, dancing , that is. I'm so happy I will be able to dance now! I never could before, even before my hip was bad! 'chuckle'

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home