i A Time and a Place...: Jam Session Was Great...

Monday, January 23, 2006

Jam Session Was Great...


The jam session was great! More people showed up than usual and we played a lot of music. There were some new people that showed up, too. Normally there are only country and western pickers but this time a guy played the trumpet. He was pretty good at it, too. His name was Louis something or other.

Then another guy came with some black dude and we did a few songs of the rock and roll venue and had a good time doing one called, "Mr Bojangles," and a couple more.

The white guy said he was still celebrating his birthday. He had a time trying to stay still while he sang.

The little guy had us do a fast instrumental with a drum solo and he did some dancing. I mean, what the heck, it was a jam session, after all!

All in all it was a very good session. I did a couple of Marty Robbins songs and Donna did a Hank Williams song among others. I played my harmonicas during a few songs. I'm glad Santa brought the harmonicas to me for Christmas. I must have been a very good boy last year!

And we ate well. There was plenty to eat but I wish we'd had some hamburgers and pit barbecue. Maybe next time. We never know who'll show up at these shindigs and we really need to be prepared!

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Are you posting postumously?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Well, I was feeling a bit woozy.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home