i A Time and a Place...: Well...

Friday, September 21, 2007

Well...

It's happening again. Bummer. Oh, well, that's the way it goes. Mi Espousa, La Donna d'el Nebraska (a little Mex lingo here)is gone.

No, no! She ain't dead! She's gone to San Francisco to visit her sister, Janice! Boy, now there's a pair to draw to, if there ever was one!

She goes there from time to time to see her sister, a woman about as ringy as she is. Janice used to be a street woman, pushing her cart around the city streets, collecting things to take to her 'Hooch,' as she called her cardboard and sheet tin house.

She used to live on the beach but she had to move because she got too tired having to move her 'hooch' every time the tide came in! Go figure!
Now Janice lives in a really nice little apartment on Treasure Island, thanks to Californias' understanding welfare system.

I guess I'll spend my time writing songs and trying to figure out how this harmonizer works. It's a machine that puts in harmony to my voice when I sing into it.

However, it could sound better; much better! Except, when I decided to edit some pre-set programs, I found around 16, 000 different settings I would need to adjust. I lost it at three! Go figure!

But, I won't give up. Donna will be gone several days and, except for watching the San Francisco Forty Niners and the Oakland Raiders get beat playing football, (oops, that was last year) I'll use that time to figure this thing out. My big brother is coming over tomorrow to watch the football games with me. That'll be nice.

I tell ya', it sure gets long here alone. I used to have Chico the Wonder Dog to 'look' at when Mi Espousa was gone but now it's just me and I don't have all those witty things to say to entertain myself.

I used to think the things Chico the Wonder Dog said (looked) were just idle conversation. But now I realize his witticisms were purposely molded to entertain me while Donna was gone. What a dog!

Later...

5 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Hope she had or has fun with her sister and you arent to lonely. Its hard to be alone for days on end when you are used to having another person with you. Hope all is well.

10:12 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Sorry that you're lonesome.

I wish I was there. I would buy you a cold one and shoot the breeze.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Thanks, Tweety, all is well.

BWH-sounds like a good plan! Donna and I might go through Odessa in a couple of weeks. My Dad is buried in a cemetery in Odessa. We're going to Liberty to see my sister then on to Omaha to see her Aunt then to Sioux City to see my old Army buddy that I haven't seen since Fort Bliss, 1954, when he shipped out to Germany.

8:28 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Have a safe trip and tell us all about it when you come back. You are always welcome to come up to WI for visit too if you ever get the desire to meet blog friends. LOL...

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Motorized Blinds South Gate said...

Nice blog you havee

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home