i A Time and a Place...: A Haunting...

Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Haunting...

I saw a TV program called, "A Haunting," a story of a Corpus Christi, Texas family who moved into their new house and discovered it was occupied by a ghost. A year ago I would have chuckled and turned the channel but now I don't chuckle, I only turn the channel.

Why, you ax me? It's easy. Today I realized that Chico the Wonder Dog is finally gone. At least, I think so.

For a while after his death, on occasion I would see a small shadow move across the floor where none should be and, every now and then, would hear a low, "wuff", the sound Chico the Wonder Dog used to make when he wanted to go outside or get on the bed with me. It occurred to me today that neither of those things have happened for quite some time now. I guess Chico the Wonder Dog finally understands he cannot ever come back for real. I guess he is gone for good now.

Maybe, like us, he has accepted that and will get on with whatever kind of life he now has in Doggie Heaven.

Later...

3 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

That is sad. You know dogs haunt us as much as people do I think. They are afraid of afterlife too but just dont know how to tell us like we talk to eachother. Just remember the good times with him though.

10:14 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Happy Thanksgving CA.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, too, Tweety!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home