i A Time and a Place...: Something Old-Something New...

Friday, November 16, 2007

Something Old-Something New...

Well, It's time once again to entertain the old folks! La Donna, Mi Espousa (a little Mex lingo there) and I will go to Frontier Hall, the Anderson Senior Nutrition Center, today and play some musica (a little more Mex lingo) for the old people.

Actually, I should say, "older", people, rather than old people. We ain't no spring chickens! I've been 71 for eleven days short of ten months now and Donna just turned..'oops'..I won't go there but, as of the thirteenth of this month, she's older than some people I know.

But, thank the Good Lord, we still have our health and a desire for recognition,-er,- that is, "A desire to help other people in whatever way we are capable of," he said, ending a sentence with a preposition. (Anybody knows it's not right to use a preposition to end a sentence with.) 'oops'..Done it agin!

Anyhoo, we have a surprise for the elderly today. That's the, "Something new." Using our handy dandy harmonizer, we have practized (with a long i)a couple of songs with background music. One is, "Sh-Boom," and it has some really neat background noises in it. One line goes,
"Hey, nonny ding dong, a-lang a-lang a-lang,
Boom ba-doh, ba-doo ba-doo bee-ay."
Now ain't that neat?

Another is, Only the Lonely," a Roy Orbison song. It's a bit more tricky. (or is that,'Trickier'? Oh, well) A line in that one goes,
"Dum-dum-dum-dumdy-doo-wah; Ooh-yay-yay-yay-yeah; Oh-oh-oh-oh-wah;Only the lonely, Only the lonely."

Now once again I ax you, ain't that neat?

I can only pray that those old folks don't think we are really the Crew Cuts or Roy Orbison and mob us!(I couldn't be a 'crew Cut as my hair is too long but Donna could almost make it)

Well, it's 7:43 am and Donna just came in from the twilight zone so I'd best wrap this up. I'll let you know what, if anything interesting, happens!

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

That is great you entertain this older folks. You know I was working in a nursing home a while back and this couple was in together and they had agreed together they wished there were more young folks like me around. I would go and sit with them after my shift for a bit and just visit. There children dumped them in the nursing home and then never came to visit. Such a pitty really for them. Sad more like it.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home