i A Time and a Place...: Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...

Friday, December 28, 2007

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...

Well, (I say that a lot) Christmas is over and at my house, Mi Espousa, La Donna (A little Mex lingo there) and I both thanked the Lord for His Son and all the blessings we have gotten from Him. As we all know, although we celebrate the birth of our Lord on Christmas, it is really the date of the conception of our Lord. Ne’er the less, we thank Him for our health, happiness and prosperity (remember, we’re in the below poverty level class of Americans) and what we hope will be a long and eventful life!

A new year is about to begin and I’m really curious to find out what it will bring to me and Mi Espousa (a little more Mex lingo here) We are playing our music and entertaining old folks (‘wha..?,,- OK,- Older folks! Is that better?)..-and having a blast.

Today we sang a song that is a favorite of ours. It’s, “When I Fall In Love.” I sing the first verse and Donna sings the second verse then there is an instrumental solo and we come back in and Donna sings the first verse and I sing the first few lines of the second verse then Donna comes in and leads the last part of the second verse and I sing harmony to it. It’s a beautiful song and we really get into it!

After we finished and had our free lunch and were sitting at the table, talking to some friends, a lady (an elderly lady) came by and patted me on the shoulder and said she really enjoyed that particular song; it was so beautiful. I thanked her and she smiled and left.
You know, that sincere compliment was worth more to me than the ten bucks we made in tips! Yeah!! Ten bucks! Whoooaah!

Oh yeah, Santa brought me a Yamaha Keyboard for Christmas and I am now officially learning to play the piano. I had a keyboard years ago but didn’t really learn to play it like a piano. This time I will! And, of course, I am still learning to play lead guitar. Here is a picture of the keyboard and guitar. Ain’t they neat?!?

Well, Mi Amigos, e, Mi Amigas, (a little more Mex lingo there) I’d better hang this up for this time. I’ll let you know how things go with my keyboard, my lead guitar, my music and Mi Espousa, La Donna d’el Nebraska! But not necessarily in that order.

Oh, and I keep getting brief visits from Chico the Wonder Dog. I keep hearing his ears flop back and forth. I must say, it’s nice he stays with us as he has. I Know he must be happy but I feel he misses us some, as we miss him. Happy coming new year to all of you, our friends and family!

Later…

2 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Happy New Year Jim and Donna and enjoy your roadtrip.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Happy New Year! I hope that it's a great one for ya's. The keyboard and guitar look mighty fine!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home