i A Time and a Place...: The Lonesome In Me...

Monday, December 31, 2007

The Lonesome In Me...

While poring over a web site of mine, I chanced to peruse a poem from my past; circa 1985, I think. I may have posted this before but I like it so, as I am prone to do and seeing it is the work of my favorite poet, (me) I'm doing it again.
If you wish to, you may click on the title link and look over some more of my poems and songs. You mought discover one you like.


The Lonesome In Me

A Rose from the Garden that's lost all its petals
The last leaf of autumn that clings to the tree,

A woman past forty who's not known a lover,
These things start up the lonesome in me.
Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Great Poem. hope you both have a great new year.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home