i A Time and a Place...: Thank Goodness I'm Retired!...

Friday, January 04, 2008

Thank Goodness I'm Retired!...

It's raining and the wind is gusting up to 55 miles per hour here in Red Bluff. Our mobile home is rocking on it's foundation! An awning at one of the front windows got loose and I had to go outside and take some slats out of it so they wouldn't blow away and maybe damage the front of our trailer. I got soaked but got the job done. 'Hurrah!'

Now for the good news; I'm retired! If I weren't retired, this is where I'd be right now, probably putting these(tire chains)on this!



But, 'Huzzah!' instead of putting snow chains on both sides of both trailer axles and a set on the con gear and a set on the tractor (all duals) I'm here,-doing this! 'BWYACCCKKKK!

So, I guess all is well in Retireland, at least 'til another big blow (not necessarily referring to myself) comes along!

Now I have to go and help mi Espousa (a little Mex lingo there) vacuum the carpet. I just heard a crash, a tinkle and a word that even I ofttimes hesitate to use coming from the great room. Next time, she will know what, "I'll do it in just a minute," means.

Later...

2 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Woman like to be in a hurry sometimes. I hope she didnt break anything special or hurt the vacuum to bad.. LOL.. Enjoy your Retiredland and see you around soon.

11:39 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Enjoy.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home