i A Time and a Place...: Well, Shucks...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Well, Shucks...

Well, shucks. I made these out but neglected to post them. Better late than never. Number 1:

Tomorrow's Another Day...Yaaay!...

Tomorrow my wife, Donna Lee, and I, JC, will sing and dance and tell funny stories to older folks at a Senior Citizen Nutrition Center. It's fun and we are retired so it gives us something to do and it is our way to give back a bit of that of which we are so blessed.

I told this to a guy a couple of days ago and he asked me,"Who entertains you two?" Good question.
I guess we entertain ourselves.
It'll be fun. I learned a song I have admired for forty or so years; a Bob Dylan song,"I Want You." I'm going to slip it in between Christmas songs and see if there are any old Woodstockers in the audience!

And here's number 2:

'oops'...


I guess God didn't want us to entertain the oldsters today. When we got there, got our equipment set up and turned the computer on to get started, the PC wouldn't work. So, we came back home, I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the xp os and it now works just fine.


Oh, well...

Later...

5 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

That must have sucked. I hate when you get some place and then it doenst happen how you want it to.. Merry X-mas guys..

12:15 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

It's nice you had a good visit with your folks! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What a disappointment for you and your intended audience.! I hope you can entertain them at a future date.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I enjoyed your poem. And I don't see why tree apples can't also be called love apples. It makes more sense than a tomato!
Have a blessed Christmas.

11:23 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

A Blessed Christmas to you and yours CA!

6:44 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Thanks MM and TSHM. Happy New Year to you both!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home