i A Time and a Place...: It's Really Hard To Say a Last Goodbye,-

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Really Hard To Say a Last Goodbye,-

I have a bunch of poems and songs and I wonder if they will ever get read, at least in my lifetime, so I decided to post a new poem or song every week (maybe more often) until they run out. With some of them I may put a link to an MP3 or You Tube Video of that poem or song. I hope some of you folks will find at least one you like. 
This is the first one.    JC aka Ca...



It's really hard to say a last goodbye,-

To know you'll never see someone again,-
To see the look of loss and know that this
Will be the last time that you'll see your friend.
You gently come to her and take her hand,-
You don't know what it is you're gonna say,-
You'd rather not say anything at all;
You never thought you two would part this way.

You feel a little lump start in your throat
And get a little quiver in your chin.
It's hard for you to look right in her eyes
And know you'll never look in them again.
Her soft brown eyes are asking you to speak
But that is not an easy thing to do.
What can you say that will make any sense
When you now know your friend is leaving you.

You've been together all these happy years
And never thought this love could ever end;
You never thought the Angels would appear
And with your love to Heaven would ascend.
But now her loving eyes begin to close;
You whisper that you love her and you cry.
You kiss her gently, then she goes away;
It's really hard to say a last goodbye.

finis...

3 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

JC that is exactly how I felt the last time I saw my grandmother and great grandmother. It was only weeks before I lost both of them after seeing them.. Sad but its the truth. thanks for sharing.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Thank you, Tweetey, for your comment. It is hard to lose a loved one. Luckily for me, this was just something I just made up this time.

7:45 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Still hits home quite nicely. but I suppose I better get to bed here soon. I have to sleep sometime and get up and then do some baking. LOL.. Take care and hello's to Donna for me.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home