i A Time and a Place...: What's Going To Happen?...

Saturday, August 06, 2005

What's Going To Happen?...

Donna and I are driving along in the car and we pass a typical gas station. The price of gas is $2.69 a gallon and the price of diesel fuel (for the pickup) is $2.89 a gallon. Donna looks over to me and asks, "Boy, what's gonna happen? How high will it get?" I say I don't know.

But the problem is, I do know. It's gonna keep going up as long as the "lazy American" sits on his ass and does nothing about it.

I read in a blog yesterday that, taking into account the real gdp, wage, cost of living and etc of 1972/73 when the last gas lie was started by our government, five bucks a gallon right now would still be reasonable. That statement made by one of the "lazy Americans" is the beginning of the usual trend of the fools of this country who accept whatever the hell comes along as inevitable.

As long as you people sit on your asses and do nothing, you deserve to be priced out of existence. More power to you.

The problem is, people like me who at least make an effort to get this bull shit handled by writing letters, sending e-mails and making phone calls to the president, vice president and representatives insisting they do something about the phony fuel shortage price hikes are affected, too.

We should be drilling for oil right now in ANWAR, off the Florida and California coasts and tapping the shale in existing wells to get our own oil.

We should have already stopped all foreign aid to opec countries who have tripled the price of bulk oil this last year.

We should bring all our troops home from countries who live to take advantage of the US. Like Suadi Arabia, Kuwait and even Iraq. (Or completely take over Iraq and make it into a real free Nation instead of screwing around losing people and accomplishing nothing in the long run)

There are a lot of things we could do to bring the price of oil back down where it should be but lazy ass Americans are too busy pissing on their lawns to do anything that might help. And George W. Bush is too stupid and cowardly to do anything without orders from the American People. How's that for a quandry? One's scared and the other is glad of it!

Now, instead of writing bull shit in your blog today, take that time and write to George Bush with carbon copies to the vp, rep and senators and dept of energy. 'duh'...What a laugh that is!

7 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

I guess everybody is too f---ing lazy to even leave a comment.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Stratu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Ca... said...

Yeah, or maybe they don't like my attitude.

10:26 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

You know what they say: Attitude is everything. Or is it Altitude is everything? I guess it depends on whether you are flying or posting.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Jim, it looks real nice & we'd love to have a set-up like that to travel in! And your price is not bad at all! But we're having to move-- the very reason you talk about here regarding gas. My husband is paying $300.00/mo for the privelage to drive to work. That doesn't include the $25.00/mo tolls. Ugh!

I was surfing a little while ago and came across this blog you might want to visit. I think it's a great idea, if anyone could afford to travel. I'm closer to DC than you are and I would go if it came about. But I'm not sure I could stay silent, lol! I've written emails/letters too but recieved zero response. The high & mighty think we West Virginians are too dumb & beneath their response I reckon.

I'll quit b****in' now and give you that URL. See what you think:
http://redjalapeno.blogspot.com

3:20 PM  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

No - don't stop writing to your representatives. I write to GW Bush and Cheney, too!

My sister and I have a theory and that is: If you don't write to them telling them what to do then they just don't know. They make wild guesses. Vote crazy ways. You have to tell them what to do.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It's up to 90 pence a liter here in the UK. Since it takes 4 liters to make a gallon, that would be £3.60 a gallon, or almost $6.00 (dollars) a gallon in the US.

The Brits are starting to wake up to the fact of higher prices, course like Americans, they don't appear to be doing anything about it. Just going along with it...wringing their hands...groaning...bitchin'

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home